Engineering Manager, Mobile
Etsy is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead one of several Native Mobile teams. In this role you will work with engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver exceptional experiences on iOS and Android.
Millions of our users rely on Etsy apps on a monthly basis and your work will be seen and used by some of Etsy’s most committed buyers and sellers.
Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but we also have a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve phenomenal results.
You will be responsible for cultivating the career development for a diverse and hardworking and talented team of engineers.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- As the manager of a Native Mobile Engineering team you will:
- Lead team of about eight engineers, interviewing and recruiting new additional team members when needed.
- Work closely with a Product Manager to deliver against the devised roadmap and meet goals.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor engineers to make difficult technical decisions.
- Monitor technical health of the apps in production and use data to make prioritization recommendations regarding technical debt and bug fixes.
- You are an experienced technical manager, able to work with stakeholders to set the team’s roadmap and balance new features with technical debt.
- You like working with people. You are satisfied by the challenge of devising ways to challenge senior engineers, support junior engineers and ensure team dynamics are excellent.
- You appreciate a lightweight process. You apply it judiciously to make engineering teams more efficient and effective.
- You are comfortable acting as a consultant with other engineering teams whose projects or features could be added to the apps.
- You have experience working as an iOS or Android engineer. You are credible and conversant in the latest native technologies, enough to be able to review the occasional PR, fix minor bugs or onboard a junior engineer.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top