Engineering Manager, Mobile
About the Role
- Lead team of four to eight engineers, interviewing and recruiting new additional team members when needed.
- Work closely with a Product Manager to deliver against the devised roadmap and meet goals.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor engineers to make difficult technical decisions.
- Monitor technical health of the apps in production and use data to make prioritization recommendations regarding technical debt and bug fixes.
- You are an engineering manager, able to work with stakeholders to set the team’s roadmap and balance new features with technical debt.
- You enjoy people.
- You get satisfaction from devising ways to challenge senior engineers, support junior engineers and ensure team dynamics are excellent.
- You enjoy lightweight process.
- You apply it judiciously to make engineering teams more efficient and effective.
- You are comfortable acting as a consultant with other engineering teams whose projects or features could be added to the app.
- You have experience working as a native engineer.
- You are credible and conversant in the latest native technologies, enough to be able to review the occasional PR, fix minor bugs or onboard a junior engineer.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top