Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Systems
- San Francisco, CA
As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
Etsy is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Machine Learning Systems team to build its next-generation machine learning infrastructure.
The Machine Learning Systems team is part of Etsy's central data organization. Our mission is to enable efficient and impactful machine learning across Etsy. Etsy is the primary source of income for many sellers, and we work hard to support them. In this role, you will manage and grow a high-performing distributed team, drive the vision and roadmap of different ML systems such as a Feature Store, ML Streaming Platform, ANN service, or ML Data Pipelines.
We're a fast-growing team with the goal of building tools and platform capabilities for scientists and engineers to access our feature store, train state of the art models, deploy machine learning models to production, and test hypotheses quickly. We have built and integrated systems that enable large scale pipelines for training data, provide access to in-session real-time activity for our models, enable distributed model training and online inferencing for our models at scale.
This is a full time role. Our team is headquartered in Brooklyn, but we support remote work and accept remote applicants.We're also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
What you will do:
- Manage and grow a team of outstanding machine learning engineers, software engineers, and tech leaders to design, build, and support Etsy's machine learning systems such as our Centralized Feature Store or ML Data Streaming Platform.
- Collaborate with other leaders at Etsy to drive the technical and strategic vision for advancing ML technology.
- Define the roadmap and supervise its execution. You will connect and coordinate business initiatives and team priorities.
- Provide technical guidance to the team to build an infrastructure that helps scientists to build state of the art ML models.
- Cultivate a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering business results with the right quality and in a timely fashion
- Experience with driving results with large scale Machine Learning / Data Infrastructure.
- You keep learning and always seek to improve yourself. Knowledge of latest big data, ML / Data Platform tools & systems.
- You are an experienced engineering leader who brings both technical acumen and leadership skills to build a high-performing engineering team.
- You have been managing teams building machine learning systems or platforms for the last 4 years.
- You have effective oral and written communication skills
- You have experience in coaching and mentoring individual contributors.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
Back to top