Engineering Manager, Core Buyer Experience
Etsy is looking for Engineering Managers within our Product Engineering organization on the Core Buyer Experience group.
Our marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world. Our challenge? Make it easier for buyers to find these remarkable goods and for creative entrepreneurs to run their businesses. Do you have the skills, passion and empathy to take on this task? Are you excited about building products that thrill our buyers and empower millions of small businesses?
About Etsy Engineering
About the Role
- As an Engineering Manager at Etsy, you can expect to:
- Lead teams to build great products. Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results.
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team.
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and data scientists to ensure that your team is delivering high-impact work for our users.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You recognize that great managers lead teams to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of.
About the Core Buyer Experience Team
- The Core Buyer Optimization team works on improving buyer flows on Etsy's most trafficked pages
- Ensuring listing are of high quality and eliminating "dead ends" so buyers can continue browsing when they don't have items in mind
- Improve the experience when visiting the site from third party applications; how can we continue to contextualize that experience and improve landing pages?
- Custom Orders and Personalizing Items are one of Etsy's differentiators; how do we continue to streamline this process to make it at seamless as possible for buyers and sellers?
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top