Etsy is looking for an Engineering Manager who can dedicate themselves to the efforts in enriching Etsy's data from 3rd parties. Etsy's millions of buyers and sellers generate petabytes of data that we use for experimentation, marketing, and powering features on and off our site. This team's work helps us to continuously increase the quality of business decisions that we make on behalf of our users.
The Data Integrations Team wants you to be a part of their team that's dedicated to builds the batch and streaming systems for third party integrations here at Etsy. We are building an integrations platform to ensure the delivery of accurate, timely and accessible data, fueling our data-driven culture. Our team is dedicated to building good software design, data quality, and user privacy. Our Big Data stack includes Hadoop, Kafka, Kafka Streams, and Vertica, and we’re in the process of moving to Google Cloud Platform.
The team is looking for an Engineering Manager to build and support the team, craft its roadmap, and develop a strategy for scaling our data integrations platform to meet demand and further improve transparency and usability.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- As the Engineering Manager for our Data Integrations Team,
- You will be responsible for attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of world-class engineers who design, build and support Etsy’s Big Data Integrations infrastructure.
- You will driving the technical and strategic vision of the team, and helping to translate day-to-day issues in definitive and robust systems.
- You will collaborate with external (often non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- You will be planning and prioritizing the team’s road map.
- You will manage, lead, and champion team projects internally.
- You have experience building and supporting platforms for data processing.
- Specific experience with the data integrations problem space is a plus for both batch and streaming, as well as experience with cloud services.
- You have experience collaborating with teams that use data platforms to build products or internal tools.
- You have experience in translating sometimes ambiguous business problems into plans that our engineers can act on and feel passionate about.
- You care about facilitating learning and growth on the team. You put our engineers first.
- You embody Etsy’s dedication to just culture, and our commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness. You are thoughtful about all the ways an engineering manager can have an impact.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.