Director Strategic Operations & Services
Member Services is responsible for building customer loyalty by providing high quality, efficient, and scalable support when and where customers need it. This spans both buyer & seller, reactive & proactive, and 1:1 & self-service support offerings. In short, Member Services is the frontline of the Etsy.com marketplace.
As the Director Strategic Operations & Services within Member Services, you own the customer support experience, including integration with Product, our digital support roadmap, and the tools and resources enabling agent (and customer) success. At its heart, the Support Strategy Team is a shared services function whose success is dependent on the execution of its strategy by our service delivery partners, both in-house and outsourced vendors.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Member Services and is based in our Brooklyn HQ office.
About the Role
- The mission of the Support Strategy Team is to design and enable low effort customer experiences for our buyers and sellers, and advocate on their behalf leveraging our unique dataset of customer interactions.
- Tactically, you manage 20+ amazing colleagues across three teams: Agent Enablement; Product Support and Insights; and Digital Help and Support.
- The Agent Enablement team drives Training, Documentation, Quality & Technology for the services organization.
- The Product Support & Insights team is the connection between Member Services and the rest of the company owning both downstream information flows to ensure that Member Services has consistent and comprehensive support plans for all product initiatives, as well as upstream to be Member Services’ “Voice of the Customer.”
- Our Digital Help & Support team owns the product roadmap for technology enabled customer solutions including Chat, in-product support, the help center, and more.
About the You
- 7+ years of experience managing teams with 3+ of those years managing managers in customer support, strategy or product organizations.
- You possess awesome executive presence and clearly articulate strategies, goals and outcomes at the C-Level.
- You are a people person and naturally engage cross-functional stakeholders to collaborate and drive better outcomes for it.
- You have a familiarity with the latest trends in CX strategy and customer support technology including ticketing / help desk platforms. Bonus points for having experience in systems implementations and migrations.
- You’re a strong critical thinker and have deep analytical abilities - you love cracking a difficult problem and you re not afraid to explore creative solutions.
- You are adaptable and resilient in nature and quickly pivot - and bring your team along for the ride - as the business landscape evolves.
- MBA is preferred
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top