Director, Product Marketing
About the Role
- Build the product go-to-market strategy for buyer led products by setting clear, measurable goals and tracking progress against them. Develop on-site and off-site marketing plans in collaboration with channel owners to achieve program specific goals, that ladder up to key business priorities.
- Uncover nuanced user insights, develop hypotheses, and represent buyer needs, serving as the key collaboration point between design, analytics, performance marketing, CRM, member ops and seller marketing teams.
- Create an internal and external experiment communications strategy for both buyers and sellers.
- Work closely with the central organization to integrate go-to-market buyer strategies with PR, International and Search.
- Develop a holistic product marketing strategy connecting seller product adoption initiatives with buyer product initiatives to drive high performing sales, visits and conversion programs. Work closely with seller marketing to ensure supply is available to meet the needs of the program.
- Build cross-channel product strategies and presentations that bridge paid, email, and onsite experiences to support retention & engagement, trust & confidence buyer experiences.
- Create and implement briefing system to define target audience, value proposition, product position and long term buyer product marketing programs.
- Lead analysis of product marketing programs and make recommendations that improve the impact of go-to-market plans.
- Partner with product managers to prioritize and execute on the product roadmap to align with a parallel long term buyer marketing strategy.
- Develop ongoing support plans that focus on buyer lifecycle, inclusive of welcome series, etc., overcoming key usage barriers and meeting business growth goals.
- Advocate for a buyer experience that keeps sellers engaged and excited about being represented on the platform.
- Hire, train and lead a small team of marketing and product marketing experts.
- You have 10+ years of marketing and product marketing experience, brand experience a plus
- You are a strategic and creative problem solver with an ability to build business models based on user insights and data
- You have a strong track record of executing on clear and impactful go-to-market strategies for consumer facing products
- You have 7+ years leading a team of marketing experts
- You have a deep understanding of product development process and experience partnering with product teams
- You have experience working with product, design, and engineer partners to launch products and create long-term product engagement and retention strategies
- You have experience with dual sided marketplaces
- You are a cross functional leader, partnering, and influencing internal teams
- You are a strategic thinker with executional intuition
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top