Director of Technical Project Management
- A primary deliverable of the Technical Project Management office will be project managing the cloud migration project that is a major, multi-year initiative of the engineering organization.
- Create and manage the plan for the all of the many parts of the system that must be migrated from a data center into the cloud.
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team.
- Collaboratively adapt existing and develop new project plans, processes and communication standards for the teams.
- Manage the formulation and ongoing tracking of each project.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Own the communication and execution of engineering team members at designated milestones.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Test code, review, and recommend changes to technology stakeholders.
- The Technical Project Management office will be responsible for rolling out an Agile development methodology initiative across engineering teams.
- Are a strong influential leader that bring diverse viewpoints together into a single vision.
- Very organized 5+ years of experience with technical project management.
- 5+ years of experience managing project managers.
- Have significant experience in organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a passion for delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Proven history in building high-powered teams and working side-by-side with engineering teams based on open communication, collaboration, and accountability.
- Proven experience attracting and retaining elite talent and removing average players, quickly.
Nice to Have
- Successful track record, consistent project success.
- Proven ability to operate in a lean, rapid growth environment.
- A very organized leader with strong persuasive abilities.
- Strong presence and highly influential both externally as well as internally at the senior management level.
- Decisive - gathers the data and makes informed, critical decisions quickly.
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others.
- High integrity, principles, and ethics.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top