Data Scientist, Recommendation and Ranking (SF)
About the Role
- We are working on:
- Search Ranking
- Recommender System
- Computational Advertising Ranking
- Information Retrieval
- Learning to RankDeep
- Learning to MatchQuery
- UnderstandingIntent Understanding
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Computational Advertising, Search Ranking, Learning To Rank, Deep Learning to Match or related fields.
- You have a Ph.D. degree or Master degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related fields.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, C++ and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
See Inside the Office of Etsy
Founded in 2005, Etsy operates markets that allow millions of people around the world to connect—both online and offline—to make, sell, and buy unique goods. Etsy’s global community of entrepreneurs, shoppers, manufacturers, and employees are the heart and soul of its business, and with more than 40 million listed items, Etsy has something for everyone.
Back to top