Data Scientist, Quantitative Insights
What We’re Working On:
- Hypothesis Testing
- Causal Inference
- Experimental Design
- Observational Study
- Time Series Analysis
Who You Are:
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Statistics, Causal Inference, Time Series Analysis, Observational Study, Hypothesis Testing and Experimental Designs or related fields.
- You have a Ph.D. degree or Master degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. R, Python and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Vertica related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
What We Care About:
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top