Data Scientist, Computer Vision (NY)
Etsy is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science team in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to advancing E-commerce related fields by building technologies that help Etsy buyers and sellers discover and celebrate handmade goods from all over the world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as Computer Vision and Signal & Image Processing in general, with experiences in Image Classification, Object Detection, Visual Question and Answering, and Deep Learning.
Our data scientists have the opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas in the dynamic world of E-commerce in strengthening Etsy’s global marketplace. Data scientists can publish their innovations at top tier conferences such as KDD, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR and etc. This position would be based in Brooklyn, New York.
About the Job
- What we're working on:
- Computer Vision
- Signal and Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Computer Vision and Signal & Image Processing in general, with experiences in Image Classification, Object Detection, Visual Question and Answering, and Deep Learning or related fields.
- You have a Ph.D. degree or Master degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related fields.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, C++ and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top