Data Science Intern, Summer 2018
What We’re Working On
- Recommendation and Personalization
- Natural Language Processing and Query Understanding
- Image Processing and Understanding
- Text Understanding
- Ranking for Search and Ads
- Fraud and Abuse Detection
- Large-scale Machine Learning
Who You Are
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time Ph.D degree program in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields, and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++ and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You contribute research that can be applied to Etsy product development.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and can solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
What We Care About
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top