Data Protection Officer- Dublin Office
- Monitoring and overseeing the continued development and improvement of all aspects of Etsy’s data protection & privacy compliance program
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the GDPR, US and other national data protection laws, including conducting regular internal compliance checks and maintaining accurate and up-to-date records demonstrating such compliance
- Informing and advising Etsy on all issues relating to data protection and privacy under the GDPR, US and other national data protection laws
- Acting as the primary point of contact for Etsy and its employees, regulators, and the public for issues related to our data protection and privacy program
- Performing all other necessary duties in accordance with Article 39 of the GDPR
- Overseeing training and raising awareness internally in respect of our data protection and privacy compliance program and our overall global compliance program
- Working with and assisting our Global Compliance Team to help strengthen and improve our overall global compliance program
- Have 5+ years of relevant work experience with global data protection and privacy issues in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Detailed understanding of GDPR compliance issues
- Experience with developing and enhancing global compliance programs and rolling out employee training and educational programmes
- Experience working collaboratively with Compliance,Legal and Product Management teams on a global basis
- Familiarity with information systems compliance standards and information security frameworks and certifications.
- Knowledge of major database/data processing technologies, analytics tools and cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to find practical, pragmatic and creative solutions to compliance issues
- Work well autonomously (for example, in a negotiation scenario) and in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Are an effective communicator -- verbally and in writing (this means you can speak and write in plain English, not only legalese)- and can tailor your communication to suit a wide-range of audiences (board of directors, IT/Engineering teams, product managers, legal teams, Etsy members etc)
- Fluency or working knowledge of French or German is a bonus.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Rachel designs products that the Etsy team will use internally. She works closely with co-workers she designs for and aims to solve their immediate problems with her designs.
Back to top