Data Protection Officer- Dublin Office
- Monitoring and overseeing the continued development and improvement of all aspects of Etsy’s data protection & privacy compliance program
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the GDPR, US and other national data protection laws, including conducting regular internal compliance checks and maintaining accurate and up-to-date records demonstrating such compliance
- Informing and advising Etsy on all issues relating to data protection and privacy under the GDPR, US and other national data protection laws
- Acting as the primary point of contact for Etsy and its employees, regulators, and the public for issues related to our data protection and privacy program
- Performing all other necessary duties in accordance with Article 39 of the GDPR
- Overseeing training and raising awareness internally in respect of our data protection and privacy compliance program and our overall global compliance program
- Working with and assisting our Global Compliance Team to help strengthen and improve our overall global compliance program
- Have 5+ years of relevant work experience with global data protection and privacy issues in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Detailed understanding of GDPR compliance issues
- Experience with developing and enhancing global compliance programs and rolling out employee training and educational programmes
- Experience working collaboratively with Compliance,Legal and Product Management teams on a global basis
- Familiarity with information systems compliance standards and information security frameworks and certifications.
- Knowledge of major database/data processing technologies, analytics tools and cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to find practical, pragmatic and creative solutions to compliance issues
- Work well autonomously (for example, in a negotiation scenario) and in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Are an effective communicator -- verbally and in writing (this means you can speak and write in plain English, not only legalese)- and can tailor your communication to suit a wide-range of audiences (board of directors, IT/Engineering teams, product managers, legal teams, Etsy members etc)
- Fluency or working knowledge of French or German is a bonus.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top