Data Analyst, Buyer Insights
About the Role:
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency and aggressive documentation and communication.
- Partner with product, engineering, finance, and marketing teams; use behavioral and transactional data to shed light on user experience, identify opportunities for improvement , and drive teams' decision making.
- Identify key metrics to understand the performance of products, develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance, and perform statistical analyses of experiments.
- Continually evaluate and refine your technical toolkit; teach what you learn to the team.
- You have 1-3 years experience as an analyst or in a quantitative role in which you extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing. You care deeply about the quality of your data and the integrity of your work.
- You care about reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end; you can teach others how to make their own work better and more efficient.
- You are passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques.
- You should be able to point us to something you’ve built or analyzed you’re proud of.
- You are proficient in SQL and either R or Python. Bonus points for experience with the Hadoop ecosystem or additional scripting languages (Scala, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top