Core Platform Engineering Manager
Etsy is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the Core Platform team. This role will report to the Director of the Product Infrastructure organization.
The Core Platform team is part of our Product Infrastructure organization and is responsible for providing abstractions that make it easy for Etsy engineers to access and utilize our infrastructure. From implementing application libraries to developing product services, Core Platform’s mission is to increase the velocity of our product engineers. Some examples of current work include building the next generation of Etsy’s online dataset service, building out a change data capture pipeline oriented around business objects, and collaborating with our database infrastructure team on a new database abstraction layer. Core Platform plays a role in many of Etsy’s platform initiatives and is a key player in Etsy’s push to become cloud native.
About the role
- We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to apply their experience and help push Etsy’s technology and people processes forward as we continue the journey from our data centers to the cloud. Your responsibilities will include:
- The career progression of your direct reports by providing feedback and identifying new opportunities to help them grow
- Shepherding the development and delivery of your team’s roadmap and quarterly goals
- Identifying and tackling technical and organizational inefficiencies
- Hiring effectively to grow your team
- Effectively leveraging our Technical Project Management partners to work successfully across team and organizational boundaries
- You’re an experienced manager and take pride in the growth of your reports
- You have empathy for your team, your peers, and your users
- You have experience planning and executing on web infrastructure and have developed some opinions around it
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top