Etsy is looking for a passionate Android Engineer to join the Mobile Engineering team.
In this role you will be working to create exceptional native experiences for our customers on Google’s mobile OS. You will need to be an amazing technical contributor who thrives in busy environment. You will join a talented team of engineers who collaborate closely to deliver Android, iOS and APIs for our Android apps (and like to have fun while they do it!)
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Contribute impactful work on Etsy’s highly rated Android apps with millions of users.
- Write code in both Java and Kotlin.
- Work on complex and interesting debugging challenges.
- Lead and/or assist in executing any needed testing (unit, functional, visual, etc).
- Continue to advance your skills in using modern mobile development technology in a collaborative setting.
- A minimum of one year of Android development.
- A real passion for user experience and design.
- Writing beautiful code and quality development practices.
- Understanding of testing - unit tests, functional tests, etc.
- A talent for debugging.
- Bonus skills...
- App(s) published on the Play Store demonstrating a strong product focus.
- Experience working on RESTful APIs.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top