Analyst, FP&A - Marketing
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team to provide in-depth, insightful analyses to help grow the business.
The Financial Analyst will be supporting the Marketing Organization as a part of the Analytics and Strategic Finance team. This role is integral to Etsy’s financial infrastructure by providing critical analysis and insights to help drive business decisions. You are a motivated financial professional who is capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization.
You possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and are able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. You are highly organized and excellent at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business. You have a passion for using data to drive business decisions, you are analytical as well as creative.
The position is based in Brooklyn, NY, and will be reporting to the FP&A Manager.
About The Role
- Work with the FP&A Manager to build budgets and forecasts related to the Marketing Organization
- Deliver reporting that accurately measures marketing channel performance (Return On Investment)
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and Business Partners to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Arm business leaders with data needed to make strong business decisions by helping them interpret analyses and measure progress against outlined goals
- Analyze historical and current trends to create forecasts related to future opportunities
- Contribute to special products such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of product enhancements, new products, or new businesses
- Partner with marketing team members and collaborate across departments
- At least 2 years of progressive experience with modeling, including a combination of investment banking and corporate financial planning
- Firm grasp of GAAP
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong structured thinker and ability to provide structure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with a deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required and bonus points for experience with Host Analytics and/or Workday Financial Management
- Familiarity with e-Commerce and technology industry is a plus
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top