Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Etsy is seeking an Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis.
The Analyst will be part of a team that is integral to Etsy’s financial infrastructure by providing critical analysis and insights to help drive business decisions. The position requires an experienced financial professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization.
The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. S/he must be highly organized and skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business.
The position is based in Brooklyn, NY, and reporting to the Director, FP&A.
About the Role
- Work with the Director to build company-wide budgets and forecasts
- Analyze performance trends, create performance milestones and develop ROI models for new and existing services.
- Arm business leaders with data needed to make strong business decisions by helping them interpret analyses and measure progress against outlined goals.
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and accounting, HR and other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Contribute to special products such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Partner with Director of FP&A to develop financial models and analyses for internal new business development, cost savings projects, capital expenditure evaluation, competitive benchmarking, valuation, capital structure, partnerships and/or M&A.
- 2+ years of progressive experience, including a combination of investment banking and corporate financial planning.
- Firm grasp of GAAP; strong familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools.
- Outstanding academic record and exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required and bonus points for experience with Host Analytics and/or Workday Financial Management.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top