More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
ETRADE the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, ETRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 ETRADE branches.
About the Design Team
The Design team at ETRADE is a multi-disciplinary group focused on constantly reinventing convenience for our customers. As a company, we strive to give more independence in their financial lives and the Design team plays a strategic role in delivering that promise. We relentlessly pursue designing experiences that are modern, easy to use, easy to comprehend, meaningful, and gorgeous! To help achieve our objectives we are seeking a passionate, proactive and talented Visual Designer to join our Design team in New York and New Jersey.
As we undergo a company-wide transformation that brings us back to our legacy as the original FinTech brand, now is a very exciting time to be a designer at ETRADE. Each designer is charged with being an agent of change, disrupting the status quo and shaping our next chapter!
About the role
The Visual Designer will join our Design team and will work collaboratively with Branding and our Design Language teams to bring consistency across teams and experiences. The Visual Designer will be a key player in ensuring visual and functional continuity for our desktop and mobile Web experiences. The role will require effective partnership with designers, design technologists, creative services, marketing managers, engineers, and user research.
- Be actively involved in shaping design solutions and concepts for design and marketing user experiences
- Contribute in expanding the brand identity system in digital experiences
- Help evolve our visual vocabulary and pattern library of our Design Language
- Be autonomous and a self-starter in managing projects and moving the agenda forward
- Assist in effectively managing relationship between the marketing team and the design team
- Provide inspiration and assistance to other designers
Technical skills needed
- Command of color, typography, iconography, layout, and visual hierarchy
- Advanced experience working with design systems
- Experience designing and working with brand identity systems
- Experience designing brand identity illustrations and icons
- Mastery in Sketch, Adobe Suite
- Experience designing interactive animations a plus
Soft skills needed
- Passion for designing digital experiences
- Pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to details
- Go the extra mile to deliver on time and to high quality standards
- Great judgment, positive energy and curious about the business context
- Self disciplined, self motivating, and self improving
- Effectively communicate and present complex conceptual thinking visually and verbally
- 4+ years in UX or Design required
- College or University degree required in Art & Design, human factors or related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Digital portfolio for review
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top