More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
This position is in strategic Global Operations with direct oversight of Payment Services, which primarily consists of ACH, Debit Card and check disbursement processing supported by ~6 FTE, The role will have a targeted emphasis in ACH funds transfers, debit card processing, ACH/ATM Reg E Disputes, and check disbursement processing that support the bank & retail brokerage franchise and will interact with key outsource and third party service providers. The associate will need expertise with dealing with client escalations for ACH, debit card and check disbursements. This role requires high attention to detail and working under strict deadlines to support the various products. The position will also act as a lead for department audits/regulatory exams and will liaise with key Retail Branch Network, Customer Service, Product, and Technology partners.
- Provide management support for ACH funds transfers, debit card/check disbursement processing, Reg E disputes, and ACH/Debit Card settlements and fed adjustments
- Assessing, devising, and communicating management action plans to address operational risk and associated exposure
- Ensuring overall best practice execution and that daily operating deadlines and quality control measures are met and kept within established service levels
- Presenting monthly business reviews and project updates to executive management and leadership groups
- Analyzes and reports on service levels, key volume indicators, and key risk indicators as may be defined from time to time. Recommends and, in some cases, initiates action to address adverse performance issues, or to optimize performance.
- Hires, develops, trains and retains qualified individuals. Ensures assigned employees are performing at optimum levels by appropriate scheduling, coaching/counseling and training
- Responsible for supervising the Payment Operations Team, ensuring that they follow all established procedures. Directs the team as they review and make decisions to apply the appropriate processes within all Payment Operations applications ensuring compliance with federal rules and regulations while meeting specified deadlines
- Develops and trains the Payment Operations Team. Coaches and provides guidance to staff members in resolving problems and identifying gaps in processes. Works with Payment Operations Analyst to identify inefficiencies and propose solutions through controlled changes to system parameters, procedures, workflows, and available options.
- Interacts with employees and vendors on escalated issues to include resolving and acting on behalf of Management in their absence.
- Successfully implements team goals and strategies. Reviews and analyzes all measurement systems, identifies trends and makes recommendations to Management to enhance productivity, and goal attainment.
- Ensuring all regulatory and internal business review and process audits achieve an effective rating and that all citing's/identified gaps are satisfactorily remediated through a set of management action plans
- Working collaboratively with strategic business partners on cross enterprise projects and initiatives such as, bank and brokerage transactional integration, , cost containment, , workflow automation, and business continuity/disaster recovery planning
- Developing a strategic succession plan for management that fosters growth opportunities and provides career development, through daily coaching and mentoring
- Manage external vendor relationships as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) or equivalent experience
- Series 99 or ability to obtain in 90 days
- 3-5 years of progressively increasing management experience in financial services
- Experience with rules and regulations governing bank and brokerage specifically Reg E, Reg DD & Reg D
- Ability to work in a high pressure and dynamic environment
- Ability to work overtime as needed to maintain required deadlines and service levels
- Strong leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of cash management/payment functions and products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including ability to research, schedule, analyze and present findings
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience in staffing, hiring and re-training
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent teamwork, communication and partnering skills
- Experience running projects independently; strong multi-tasking skills
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
ETRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.