Senior Staff, Software Engineering
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Join ETRADE's Corporate Services Technology team as a Senior Software Engineer. The team is engaged in developing Equity Edge Online, the industry leading SaaS application for Equity Compensation Administration & Financial Reporting. As a Senior Engineer, you will play a critical role in the design and development of the Equity Edge Online application, which is used by a large number of US corporations. This role requires strong software engineering, design and development skills, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Analysis, Design and Development of features of Equity Edge Online application and next phase of EEO API application
- Have strong knowledge on SQL/procedures and experience in SQL tuning
- Work with technology and business teams to understand business requirements, design and develop solutions to meet the business needs
- Perform all tasks associated with SDLC
- Design innovative solutions to solve business needs
- Keep up with latest technology trends, tools, Oracle database features and best practices
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
- Understand the various technologies for building User Interface, APIs and backend Services.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented programming experience in Java
- Experience in Tomcat, Maven, etc. tools used for java development
- Experience in using open source framework technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, etc. in developing business applications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming design patterns and methodologies,
- Knowledge of java application development using features of Oracle database.
- Knowledge of APIs and API gateway concepts.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong architectural, design, and programming skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully leading project teams.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top