Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
- Chicago, IL
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
We are seeking a Senior back-end engineer who is passionate for great software and motivated to make a huge impact with our mobile development. This is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in building our new mobile platform, so it's essential that you be attracted to invention and building things from the ground up. We are excited about candidates who are creative, innovative and enjoy working through problems which ultimately results to solid software designs that are tailored completely for our users. To be a successful member of this team you must prioritize quality and be driven by a self-motivation to succeed.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions like MySQL, CassandraDB, Firebase etc.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong proficiency with Java, Java script
- Better knowledge of Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Better knowledge of JDBC, Hibernate
- Strong experience in NODE JS
- Knowledge of node modules like Express, Hapi, Typescript (a plus)
- Good experience in Promises
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments and knowledge of Oauth
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests with frameworks like Mocha and Chai
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Bitbucket
- Knowledge of building mobile applications (a plus)
- Mentor and coach jr engineers
- Experience in high volume production scenario
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
Back to top