Senior Software Engineer
- Arlington, VA
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
This position is within the Technology Development group responsible for developing Java controllers for etrade.com, and developing middle-tier applications at ETRADE. The individual is responsible for developing and maintaining Java JSON endpoints for cash management and fraud services. She/he is expected to produce high quality code and detailed documentations to ensure that ETRADE's customers, both internal and external, receive the best experiences.
- 4+ years of development work experience using JAVA language on Linux or UNIX with Web-Services development on Apache/Tomcat platform.
- Experience with web programming, scripting, and web services technologies such as Java , Hibernate, CXF.
- Experience with test case automation (Selenium, Cucumber) of large scale systems.
- Solid relational database/SQL development skills; Oracle is preferred.
- Should have used SVN or GIT and be familiar with Unix/Linux commands required for development such as vim editor, shell commands, etc.
- Working Knowledge of Perl, Python or Shell programming is preferred.
- Experience with UNIX or Linux is preferred.
- Experience in AWS is a plus (or, willingness to learn).
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle is required.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and quick learner
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top