Senior Software Engineer
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: ETRADE Financial Corporation has openings for Senior Software Engineer positions in Menlo Park, CA and various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
Job Duties: Analyze business needs and design software solutions that meet business and technical requirements. Mentor and guide junior members of the team. Responsibilities include designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining software applications. Collaborate with analysts, developers, and other staff members to promote industry best practices. Keep up with the latest technology, trends, and tools. Test, debug, and support improvements that enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
REQUIREMENTS: Employer will accept Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, followed by five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered or five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in a related occupation. This position also requires one year of experience with each of the following:
1. Managing application analysis, design, software development, maintenance and delivery with experience on java application servers.
2. Coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem solving and troubleshooting.
3. Leading and completing cross-team initiatives.
4. Java Servlets, REST SOAP, XML/XSLT, HTML, Sprint, ANT, SVN, Maven, SOA.
5. Design patterns.
6. Multi-threading programming.
7. Implementing software in a variety of operating environments (UNIX, Linux, and Windows).
8. Java, C, C++ programming.
9. ORM (Hibernate/JPA/iBatis).
10. Building applications using SOA and Spring Framework.
11. Working with IDE.
12. Content management system.
Must be available to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top