Senior Manager, Data Risk
ETRADE Financial is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the Company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock plan participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, ETRADE is a digital-first brokerage experience providing the tools and educational material, supported by professional assistance, to help individual investors and traders meet their near- and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services to customers primarily online via its award-winning digital platforms and through its network of industry-licensed customer service representatives and Financial Consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 ETRADE branches across the United States. ETRADE operates a bank with the primary purpose of maximizing the value of deposits generated through its brokerage business
The Senior Manager will be a vital a member of the Data Risk Office. Responsibilities include managing the implementation of data governance/ data management principles throughout the firm. Program activities include, but are not limited to, managing the coordination, collection and documentation of business glossaries, technical data dictionaries, data lineage, and data quality framework and controls in collaboration with various data stewards and owners within the firm. Additionally, this individual will measure and direct program compliance with firm wide standards, and manage in the creation and development of an enterprise-wide metadata repository utilizing a digital asset management tool.
- Extend and implement a data governance framework, focused on sourcing and quality of critical data as well as identification and protection of sensitive data
- Develop the data quality framework and apply the principles, applying proactive techniques to prevent data quality issues downstream, as well as ensuring resolution of data quality issues and implementing proactive measures to improve data quality
- Define processes for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy).
- Coordinate with business data stewards and lead the definition of data quality requirements based on known business requirements, data quality issues, data quality resolution plan, and technology.
- Lead the creation of data quality rules in data quality applications to enable business users to actively identify data quality issues.
- Manage data classification and data lifecycle processes. Broad understanding of data classification concepts and products. Experience working with the concepts of data in integrity, privacy, and security.
- Implementing and managing Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions. Detailed knowledge of the elements that constitute PII (personally identifiable information) sensitive financial information, and credit card information.
- Lead & project manage data governance stakeholder and working group meetings consisting of cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Capture and document current data flows along with proper data governance practices, policies, procedures and recommendations discussed at Data Governance meetings.
- Assist in building and maintaining centralized data inventories, data dictionaries and data flows as it pertains to Data Governance
- Analyze and review critical data designations and document data sourcing and technical transformations that conform to program documentation standards
- Manage the upgrades and enhancements to the data governance operating model to serve enterprise data objectives
- Advise business stakeholders and data stewards and owners of best practices with respect to data architecture and facilitate impact analysis for architecture changes
- Document business requirements through engagement with business and technology subject matter experts
- Direct and measure program compliance through metrics reporting and attestation, ensuring adherence to policies, standards and principles
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with program stakeholders and upper management
- Develop and deliver data governance training as needed to data stewards and other stakeholders
- Leads definitions and implementation of industry leading data governance practices and data management capabilities.
- Manages data domain relationships, assisting to mature data domains and support business ownership of data governance activities
- 8+ years of experience in data governance or management, preferably in the financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5+ years of Data Management related experience (e.g., Data Quality, Metadata, Issue Management, Reference Data, Data Provisioning, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to message in a concise and understandable way
- Experience with a digital asset management/metadata repository tool, such as Collibra Data Governance Center, IBM Information Governance Center, Informatica Metadata Manager or similar, is preferred
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a large organization
- Experience working autonomously and driving projects to completion
- Three (3) years of experience in data quality capabilities
- Three (3) years' experience working with data integration, data governance, data life cycle management, and data quality
- One (1) year experience with Master Data Management or Data Quality tools, including Informatica, Collibra, or other data management tools
- Experience using Collibra as a data repository tool is a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top