Senior Business Analyst\/Product Manager
- Alpharetta, GA
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
ETRADE Financial is looking for an experienced Sr Business Analyst/Product Manager to work on a portfolio of initiatives dealing with large and complex trading systems. The desired candidate should have prior experience crafting requirements for complex software development - preferably in the Financial Services Industry. The ideal candidate will serve the dual role of Business Analyst to conduct various requirement gathering and data mapping, but also act as a Product Manager for a new initiative to roll a digital monthly statement to all ETRADE retail clients. The desired candidate should be a self-starter, a problem solver and must be driven to solve complex business issues.
- Serve as the primary contact between our business partners and technology and vendors to ensure that business requirements are well-documented and transformed into technical solutions
- Partner with business teams to support and ensure delivery of technology solutions that align with business product road maps
- Strong analytical skills to identify, evaluate and define complex systems. Create product artifacts (business requirements, functional requirements, migration plans, communication plans, project updates for senior management) and gain approval from business and technology leaders
- Understanding of multiple data formats and the ability to relate the same to business processing needs
- Understanding of brokerage industry data formats such as FIXML
- Ability to analyze and map data across multiple platforms and define data format specifications for technology and testing teams
- A good working knowledge of data models as applied to databases and an understanding of how to extract and analyze data from a product requirements perspective
- Analyze incidents and requests and ensure issues or defects are identified, documented, and result in timely resolution
- Ability to work closely with vendors and provide feedback on vendor-proposed solutions
- Ability to apply technical skills to understand and communicate the potential and limitation of technology solutions
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across functions and levels of an organization to lead teams towards success-based results
- Align with user experience team on user interaction, customer experience and integrate resulting designs and methodology into projects.
- Ability to lead user design and focus group discussions.
- Lead process mapping workshops with diverse business groups.
- Brokerage services knowledge.
- 3+ years of experience in product development, web UI development and/or project management.
- 3+ years' experience managing the definition and execution of projects (conceptualization, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation).
- 3+ years' knowledge of financial products is required.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Visio, JIRA.
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, communication (written, verbal, and technical), presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, team player, and organized.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top