Senior Android Engineer
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to assist with the development and maintenance of our Android ETRADE app. The developer will work developing UI component and backend integration of the project. We want someone to develop a high performance android app.
- Design and development projects for existing android app.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects depending on the project.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences and UI prototypes
- Optimizing performance for the app
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Ability to integrate any backend system for web service integration
- Ability to handle production issues in timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years of software development experience
- 3-5 years Android experience (preferably client side)
- Source code control understanding (experience with Git preferred)
- Ability to work individually with minimal direction, and on a larger development team
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
- Experience with Java Collections and Threading
- Experience working with functional languages
- Familiar with the Android SDK
- Desired Kotlin development skills
- Experience building native apps
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
#INDTECH for Tech
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of E*TRADE's Employees
CicelySenior Manager, Service Desk
Cicely manages and mentors E*TRADE’s Customer Team in providing excellent service and support to the company’s entire end user community.
Back to top