Senior Analyst, Investor Education
- Jersey City, NJ
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Senior Investment Analyst is a role within ETRADE's Investment Strategy Team. The team is tasked with providing investment product research, portfolio management and thought leadership that drives ETRADE's retail investment advisory initiatives. This includes ETRADE Capital Management's (ETCM) discretionary managed account program, with assets of nearly $8 billion.
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, have a passion for investing and financial markets, be detail oriented and analytical. In addition, the candidate will possess the ability to take initiative and follow through on projects independently and as part of a team. The position reports to the director of investment research.
- Investment due diligence, selection and ongoing oversight of investment managers across asset classes and product types (separate accounts, mutual funds and ETFs).
- Contribute to research on asset classes, portfolio and risk allocation, and the economy and capital markets
- Assist in content production, such as market commentaries and white papers for the support of ETRADE financial consultants and ETRADE self-directed investors
- Integral part of the investment decision making process and recommendations made to the investment committee
- Create deliverables for the investment committee and internal partners
- General support for the functions of the investment strategy team, such as maintaining databases and records and monitoring separate account composites
- 4+ years of experience in the financial services industry, ideally in an investment manager due diligence or investment research capacity
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses required (either have or be willing to obtain soon after hiring)
- Experience performing investment manager due diligence and ongoing oversight across traditional asset classes. Experience with alternatives is helpful, but not necessary
- Dedication to providing thorough and high-quality research and opinions with the end goal of adding value to client accounts
- Experience with performance attribution and composite maintenance and analysis
- Ability to help enhance and improve process for evaluating managers
- Solid analytical skills, well organized, ability to adapt and set and meet deadlines
- Ability to cogently communicate research and investment content to various audiences, including financial consultants, end clients, investment managers and ETRADE executive management
- Experience with Morningstar Direct, Zephyr Style Advisor, MPI Stylus
- CFA designation (or progress towards) is highly preferred
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
ETRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top