More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
This position provides operational accounting and month-end close support for multiple ETRADE legal entities, business units, and functional areas, with a focus on compensation and benefit accounting functions. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills along with a combination of professional exposure to public and corporate accounting roles. This position requires the ability to work independently as well as in group settings.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations spanning across multiple legal entities.
- Prepare various analytics supporting financial results
- Prepare or provide initial review of reconciliations prepared by accounting support team to ensure general ledger balances are reconciled appropriately
- Provide guidance and assistance to accounting support team with journal entries and reconciliations
- Effectively communicate with business partners to resolve issues
- Facilitate the completion of audit requests from our internal and external auditors as well as our regulators.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and new business initiatives.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a combination of public and corporate accounting roles
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems preferred
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate in all forms with all levels of the organization.
- Eagerness to work in a team oriented environment
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top