ETRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the Company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, ETRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 ETRADE branches.
This position is responsible for consolidation accounting, month-end close support and related reporting for ETRADE Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries. The ideal candidate will leverage deep understanding of general ledger accounting systems and related reporting tools to automate an enhance existing processes. Candidate will additionally be responsible for performing baseline accounting entries and reporting for various functions within the Accounting department. This position requires strong communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and in team settings.
• Prepare monthly equity, inter-company and currency clearing journal entries and reconciliations for the consolidated and multiple legal entities.
• Prepare accounting entries for legal entity changes (acquisitions, reorganizations, dissolutions, etc.).
• Prepare analytics supporting month-end results and summary reporting to team and senior management.
• Perform consolidation and produce consolidated financial statements and comprehensive executive summaries/close packages.
• Facilitate full cycle Chart of Accounts/Reporting Segments maintenance process including reporting, system processing of updates, and execution of controls.
• Facilitate the clean-up and revamp of the legacy Chart of Accounts and cross-validation rules in Oracle by delivering complete requirements to the MIS team and performing UAT testing.
• Build/Maintain effective and efficient reporting using advanced reporting tools for various needs across the company.
• Assist team with providing Accounting systems training and any systems/process integration (Hyperion Reporting, Hyperion Smartview, OBIEE).
• Assist management with close coordination, updates and distribution of close calendar, close timelines and other close management reporting activities.
• Communicate with various business partners to resolve outstanding items in a timely manner, including but not limited to resolution of accounting issues with consolidations and resolution of technical issues with segment updates and reporting in Oracle and Hyperion systems.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects, reporting and new business initiatives supported by the operational accounting team
• Facilitate the completion of audit requests from our internal/external auditors.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in a combination of public and corporate accounting roles
• Proficiency in Word, Excel (advanced) and PowerPoint required
• Consolidation accounting and/or reporting experience, a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate in all forms with all levels of the organization.
• Eagerness to work in a team oriented environment.
• Experience with Oracle Financial Systems, Hyperion Smartview macros, a plus.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of E*TRADE's Employees
SVP, Technology Development
Hilary heads up application devlopment efforts for 400 different developers in five domestic locations, overseeing everything concerning software creation and management.
Back to top