More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
- Viewed as an expert in network analysis, design or engineering. Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex networking issues.
- Coordinates with technical (e.g., applications developers) and nontechnical (e.g., users) staff to determine requirements.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team. Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Plans, designs and implement complex networked systems, including configurations, and supports/troubleshoots network problems.
- Provide escalated network support in a high availability, 7x24x365 environment.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to ensure consistency and compliance with standards.
- Work with vendors to configure and support connectivity requirements for the business.
- Perform network architecture design feasibility and cost studies for the business.
- Participate in product evaluations and provide technical recommendations and documentation
- Evaluate capacity planning requirements as they pertain to networks
- Engineer functional designs for new projects and initiatives and present assessments to upper-level management across multiple technical organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree required in conjunction with 8+ year's hands-on experience within large scale enterprise IP networks, preferable financial enterprise networks using Cisco technology and the following:
- Multi-vendor network technology. Cisco, Juniper, etc.
- Network security platforms and technologies such ASA and Palo Alto's next generation firewalls in a multi-vendor network.
- Designing WAN environments based on both public and private carrier solutions. Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) deployment experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in the functionality and troubleshooting of the following protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VxLAN, SPT, NAT, SSL, DNS, DHCP, SSH, TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, IPSEC, 802.11 Wireless and network security concepts.
- Designing and configuring all types of CISCO hardware and NXOS
- Experience with UDP/IP and multicast data technologies such as IGMP, MSDP, PIM SM and DM, RP, BIDIR PIM
- Implementing and supporting Quality of Service in the Enterprise networks for delivering critical applications.
- Network Monitoring and Management tools such as HP Open View, LogicMonitor, Big Panda, IPAM's, etc.
- Cisco CCNP Certification and/or other relevant industry certification such as Palo Alto and AWS Certifications are a plus.
- Experience in new Cisco technologies: ACI, VPC, Fabric Path, UCS, SAN and virtualization.
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud infrastructure technology implementation and design experience.
- Experience in Vmware NSX
- Experience with multicast data technologies such as IGMP, MSDP, PIM SM and DM, RP
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, PHP, Python)
- Knowledge of financial feeds and protocols a plus
- Experience with hardware and software proof of concepts.
- Results oriented, self-motivated with teamwork skills and strong communications skills.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
ETRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.