Principal, Full-Stack Engineer
- Boston, MA
We started with the simple belief that we could not sit idly by as 40 million of us were in the grip of one of the biggest financial stressors of our age, Student debt. In response, we formed a company made up of some of the industry's most experienced professionals to help people break the stranglehold that the financial costs of education have on people every day. Gradifi was founded in January 2014 and joined the ETRADE family of businesses in December 2019. Gradifi is leading the way in providing innovative financial benefits that empower employers to help their people work toward brighter financial futures with contributions to their student loans, options to refinance their loans and help to create nest eggs for their children's educational futures.
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
We're looking for a full-stack engineer with a focus on either our back-end (.NET) or front-end (Node/React) technologies. As a member of a small team, you will have exposure to the entire software stack and an opportunity to grow your skills in many directions. You will learn about our customers and our business, and your work will have a high impact on our users. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for learning and view coding as a craft.
- Work with product managers to understand requirements and needs of users
- Build new features and enhancements to support our product vision
- Take ownership and establish expertise in a particular area of the codebase
- Participate in hiring, giving and receiving feedback, and other means to improve the team
- Use insight from Sales and Customer Success teams to improve and support the application
- Leverage your experience in helping us improve our products
- Guide and mentor junior engineers
- 3+ years of experience
- Professional development in a managed language, preferably C# / .NET
- Building front-end applications with React and Node
- Version control and collaboration with Git
- Working with relational databases like SQL Server
- BDD or TDD and familiarity with Moq, NUnit, Mocha, etc.
- Working in an environment that uses programmable infrastructure - preferably PowerShell
- Experience with mobile web development
- Familiarity with MSMQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience with BDD or TDD and familiarity with Moq, NUnit, Mocha, etc.
- Developer level operations proficiency - ability to set up a machine, knowledge of networking, familiarity with load balancers, hypervisors, CDNs, etc.
- Comfortable working in an environment that uses programmable infrastructure - preferably PowerShell
- Experience with tooling: WinDBG, Perfmon, SysInternals, Fiddler, Chrome Developer Tools, Reflector, JetBrain's suite, SQL Profiler, etc.
- Experience working with the Atlassian tools: Jenkins, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
- Practical knowledge and real world experience building secure applications-e.g. 201 CMR 17.00, ISO 27001, etc.
- Ecommerce experience at scale is a big plus. Knowledge of accounting would also be helpful
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top