Principal, Data Science
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Data Scientist role is part of the Data Insights & Initiatives team. As a Data Scientist, you will build new and improve existing models & data products to power business decision making.
In this role, you will:
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Technical expertise: you will have hands-on experience in developing data science solutions, from discovery and concept to development and production. You have experience with modern cloud computing, rapid prototyping and deployment of data science solutions within an enterprise and know SAS, R, and/or Python
- Great communication skills: You can communicate complex ideas, clearly highlighting your approach and progress
- Innovation focus. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models
- Business outcome focus. You can analyze customer needs, engage in problem solving and develop data products that the business can seamlessly deploy
- Masters Degree
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the brokerage, banking, or finance industry
- A minimum of 3 years of experience programming in SQL, and Python and R
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with relational databases and distributed computing platforms and their query interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, particularly in the areas of modeling
- Experience conceiving, implementing and continually improving machine learning projects
- Strong familiarity with higher level trends in artificial intelligence and open-source platforms
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platform
- Familiarity with visualization techniques and software
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of E*TRADE's Employees
CicelySenior Manager, Service Desk
Cicely manages and mentors E*TRADE’s Customer Team in providing excellent service and support to the company’s entire end user community.
Back to top