Manager, Operations Tax
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
ETRADE Financial is looking for an Tax Manager who maintains strong functional knowledge of all aspects of the Brokerage Business with an emphasis on Brokerage Operations. The role will be a hands-on partner with Tax & Cost Basis group and will be focused on Tax reporting and Compliance for domestic and foreign account reporting.
- Reporting to management the daily operation within the tax group
- Act as thought leader to advise Tax Operations leadership on program and project designs, as well as identifying opportunities for efficiencies
- Assess and create team drive toward the tax program and determine needed resources and methods to drive success
- Build and lead team consisting of directs and aligned resources across multiple stakeholder teams
- Acts as tax subject matter expert and help share overall direction; help understand and identify competitive and regulatory landscape and potential impacts within Operations
- Will be accountable for execution, ensuring tasks are delivered timely
- Data Analysis / Reconciliation
- Deliver objective analysis of error trends and opportunities - providing process improvements
- Assist the management team in developing metrics to show progress / completion of data analysis / reconciliation.
- Ensure that the status reports produced are accurate, relevant, complete, and actionable.
- S/BA degree with minimum 2+ years proven tax manager in securities taxation
- Tax technical background (chapter 3, 4, 61, 302, 305, 871(m) etc.)
- Knowledge of Dividends, MLPs, Income Reclass, Corporate actions and impacts to cost basis
- Subject Matter Expert on 1099s and 1042s reporting
- Experience with Corporate Action procedures and processing
- Excellent written and communication, organization and time management skills
- Adaptable to dynamic work environments and priorities
- Demonstrate ownership and sense of urgency in resolving inquiries and issues
- Understands big picture and can effectively communicate tactical action plans
- Able to effectively facilitate leadership decision making and influence thinking by using business experience, credibility and presence
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office including Excel (required), Word (required), Visio (desirable) and Power Point (required)
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top