Manager, IT Quality Assurance
- Menlo Park, CA
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
As a Manager of the ETRADE Mobile Platform you will bring leadership and hands-on contributions to talented team of mobile testers and automation engineers to drive our current Quality Assurance team forward. You will provide management and oversight to the staff and activities of the mobile software QA team. You will be responsible for the project management, supervision, and coordination of software testing for all assigned releases. You will be responsible for the overall automation design and implementation , you will work with development leaders to plan/ strategize the overall Mobile Regression and in sprint Automation and reporting.
We are an Agile organization. You will work as part of a Scrum team that brings together development, QA, Product and Project management. We usually run 1-3 week sprints and strive to do better each time.
- Manage a team of both full time onsite and offshore engineers as they test applications for production readiness
- Be hands-on to help direct reports solve complex problems and code when necessary.
- Lead, create and implement test automation strategy and roadmaps for back-end applications
- Coordinate production roll testing staffing and attend production rolls as needed
- Coordinate tool enhancement needs with infra/tools team
- Partner with stakeholders across the technology organization to facilitate smooth quality testing
- Communicate on team's behalf to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Coach, mentor, motivate and professionally develop team by designing, implementing, scheduling and tracking
- individualized training programs
- Interface and consult with other managers within the organization to coordinate activities
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Team Lead/ Manager role with leadership responsibilities
- 2+ years of hands-on, demonstrable experience testing mobile (iOS and Android) applications using Appium (1.6+).
- You should be able to locate and address elements by means other then xPath
- Complete comfort working with Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence)
- Hands on experience testing Mobile applications using SauceLabs cloud is a strong plus
- Experience with 'Android UI Automator', 'iosClassChain' is a plus
- Experience working with Regular Expressions is a plus
- Trading domain business knowledge is a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top