Manager, Interest Rate Risk Management
ETRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the Company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, ETRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 ETRADE branches.
Interest Rate Risk (IRR) Management group within ETRADE is a high profile and high visible group that measures and manages the interest rate risk of all assets on the Company's balance sheet. The group is a strategic business partner of Capital Markets and Treasury groups in hedging our exposure to market risk using various hedging techniques and interest rate derivatives.
This group is looking for a dynamic, self-starter and result oriented individual to join the team. The position requires good understanding of market risk in MBS & non-residential securities, non-maturity deposits, interest rate derivatives as well as Asset/Liability and Management (ALM) principles. Individual must be able to understand the market dynamics and produce deliverables ready for Senior Management and Board of Directors.
This individual will report to Director, Interest Rate Risk Management.
• Perform and assist in execution of daily and monthly processes and produce reports that are delivered to Senior Management
• Develop market value sensitivity analysis on a wide variety of financial instruments using PolyPaths and other market tools
• Generate reports with trends and variance analysis that explains the major drivers of risks and returns
• Perform sensitivity analysis on prepayment model, deposit decay parameters, default model and other assumptions and explain impact of model changes on portfolio results
• Work withTechnology group in coming up with innovative solutions to enhance and improve existing process including data sourcing and automation of recurring tasks
• Establish key relationships with the Trade Desk and Treasury to understand securities portfolio and balance sheet activities and assess the impact on overall market risk position of the Company
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field MBA preferred
• 5+ years of professional work experience within the finance/accounting, investment banking, investment management and/or marker risk management areas
• Must have advanced knowledge of fixed income instruments, including CMO and CMBSstructure and detailed understanding of interest risk metrics - duration, convexity, vega, spread duration etc.
• Experience working with variety of technical and market tools such as PolyPaths, Bloomberg, ADCO and/or Intex. Experience in SAS or related programming skill highly preferred
• Understanding of prepayment and interest rate models, return attribution, Equity-at-Risk,Earnings-at-Risk, PCA and Value-at-Risk methods
• FRM and/or CFA charter holder (or in the process obtaining)
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
• Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment while multi tasking and maintaining astrict attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks efficiently and independently
• Strong analytical skills while being resourceful when seeking new information
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of E*TRADE's Employees
SVP, Technology Development
Hilary heads up application devlopment efforts for 400 different developers in five domestic locations, overseeing everything concerning software creation and management.
Back to top