Enterprise Solution Architect
- Chicago, IL
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Enterprise Solution Architect is the critical technical leader that defines all architecture related aspects on technology & business projects. This role is a critical in driving the ETRADE technology transformation, offering a strategic blend of enterprise and solution architecture to the organization. The Enterprise Solution Architect ensures that technology solutions support the organization's targeted business outcomes, delivers new capabilities and aligns with enterprise technology standards. The Enterprise Solution Architect is a leader in researching, reviewing, and recommending new and innovative technology solutions from the perspective of techniques, methods, design patterns, integration, security, and technical fit with existing systems. The Enterprise Solution Architect develops pioneering roadmaps and blueprints that establish the direction for managing the organization's application portfolio. These roadmaps and blueprints merge the "as is" with the "to be" architecture - including APIs, cloud infrastructure, data and application services to deliver cost-effective, reusable and flexible solution platforms.
- Understand business drivers and capabilities needed to determine enterprise solution architecture and deliver solutions to support the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Lead the development of the solution architecture for a of strategic projects, partnering with Application Development, Infrastructure and Security teams to deliver a cohesive, forward-thinking and adaptable architecture.
- Provide consulting support to project teams to ensure the projects & solutions are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture view.
- Analyze & monitor industry trends, and emerging technologies to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture and current state portfolio.
- Develop principles, standards, and solution patterns to guide and govern the alignment of solutions with enterprise perspective.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Create the platform and solution architecture roadmaps to evolve the current state portfolio to the future state, utilizing flexible, adaptable and creative technology blueprints & patterns.
- Interface across business and technology areas to communicate goals, guidelines, directions, roadmaps, patterns and blueprints.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field and 8+ years of relevant architecture experience required
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT disciplines - technical architecture, application development (web, mobile, etc.), integration architecture, information architecture, or business intelligence & analytics
- Graduate Degree, preferred
- Knowledge of either integration platforms or cloud computing is considered a plus;
- Understanding of multiple business domains
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent understanding of application development, infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills that focus on teamwork, facilitation, collaboration, influence and negotiation
- Excellent analytical & technical skills, displaying an exceptional breadth and depth of technology
- Strong background in an Architecture discipline - Enterprise, Application, Solution, Technical
- Ability to research, understand and apply new technologies and solutions;
- Self-directed and self-motivated, focused on operational excellence
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, balancing change management and competing priorities
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top