Director, Systems Engineering
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Lead Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for leading and building a team with a mission to watch over the entire production system with an eye on the availability, latency, performance, and capacity while managing to business outcomes. If you are highly motivated and goal oriented, can handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects, and have an automation approach to solving problems, this job will be ideal.
- 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- software development in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Go and/or Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Working with algorithms, data structures and production troubleshooting.
- Problem solving and analyzing large scale distributed systems.
- Test driven development concepts as well as GIT and CI/CD pipelines.
- General security concepts including secure coding.
- Agile software development lifecycle, including experience of applying change control procedures and disciplines required.
- 2+ years of experience working with major Public cloud providers.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Proficient with Linux OS.
- Proficient with one or more of public cloud deployments: (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top