More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in financial services to join the Advanced Trading Platforms Product team. Successful candidate will possess strong knowledge of the Online Retail Brokerage space. Bring clarity and vision to the team in areas where white space exists. Strong written and verbal communications are key skills for this role. Other desired skills include problem-solving and attention to detail. Desired candidate is someone who thrives in a team-oriented, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment, welcomes challenge. We are looking for a team lead that can mentor and learn fast, is creative and works well with multiple parties under tight deadlines.
The individual will be responsible for managing the end to end product of our strategy trading tools within our active trading platforms. We are seeking an individual that can build strong relationships with internal and external partners to take our active trading platforms to the next level.
- Create, collaborate, and define the Product Vision and then developing a short term and long-term roadmap for the teams to be able to execute
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Drive build-vs-buy decisions in our product development process, combing the landscape for potential Fintech partners in various stages of maturity
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Provide strategy assessments on project priorities to all levels of the firm
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and key Product differentiators
- Act as the product ambassador and represent it across all internal and external stakeholders
Project and People Management
- Lead a group of Product Managers, mentoring and guiding them through product delivery and team dynamics
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, develop Minimally
- Viable Products (MVPs) and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Monitor progress on solutions to communicate status to key internal and external stakeholders and escalate if promised timelines are in jeopardy
- You have 6+ years' experience in product management.
- You have 3+ years' experience in leading product teams or people management experience.
- You are a strategic, structured thinker with strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills, and the ability to translate information and analysis into actionable customer insights and recommendations
- You have previous experience Building, Leading, and Mentoring high performance Agile product teams
- You have Product Management experience preferably with a Financial Services firm
- You are a relationship builder with strong influence management skills who excels at bringing multiple cross-functional teams together toward common goals
- You are a team player with a strong collaborative orientation
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience and comfort working closely with all levels of the organization
- You are comfortable leading a team through ambiguity and creating structure and strategies in white space
- You are a relentless advocate for the customer
- You are curious about how technology works
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and speak up when you have a different point of view
- You have the ability to drive results
Education, Certification, Training
- BA/BS in business, finance, management, marketing or related field
- MBA/Masters are a plus
- Series 7 and industry certifications (CFA, CFP) are a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
ETRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.