More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Our Associate Program offers a unique experience for recent graduates. We will provide a week long in-depth training program with your peers to learn about ETRADE's business and infrastructure. After the training program, you will join ETRADE's design team and work collaboratively to conceptualize, design and test experiences across desktop and mobile. This team goes beyond creating visually striking, functional solutions for ETRADE employees, customers, and clients. The team is laser-focused on bringing its design vision to life by creating a unified, mobile-friendly, and evergreen ETRADE digital experience.
- Collaborate with product owners to identify customer pain points, help define value propositions and creating a seamless user interface for a delightful experience
- Design end-to-end customer journeys for Web and Mobile Apps
- Concept, ideate and prototype design solutions
- Participate in user research to gain insights and test your proposed solutions
- Contribute effectively to our Design Language and help evolve our visual vocabulary and pattern library
- Collaborate with engineers and QA to ensure design quality at each step of the development process
- Present designs and concepts to product managers, engineers and other stakeholders
Full-time Associates will be joining teams in the following areas:
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
- Design Technology
- Currently pursuing a BS or BA degree in Art & Design, human factors or related field.
- Graduation date of Fall 2018 or Spring 2019
- GPA: 3.0 or above
- Experience in UX/UI, User Research or Visual Design required
- Digital portfolio to be reviewed and must show a process
- Familiarity with front-end development and how to solve for responsive
- Prototyping skills needed using top industry standard software (i.e. Sketch, Flinto, Codepen, InVision, etc)
- Great command of color, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Great command of data visualization and structured data
- Comfortable with mapping complex systems (i.e. user-flows, customer journeys, service blueprint, etc.)
- Experience applying Accessibility best practices (WCAG)
- Good understanding of Web technologies and their impact on UI design
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design principles and approach
- Ability to articulate design solutions to developers, engineers, and stakeholder presentations
- Experience in A/B testing and informing designs with data
- Experience working in the full lifecycle of Lean/Agile delivery model
- Interest in digital trends and any market disruptors in technology
- Passion for designing digital products and experiences
- Pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to details
- Go the extra mile to deliver on time and to high quality standards
- Great judgment, positive energy and curious about the business context
- Self-disciplined, self-motivating, and self-improving
- Effectively communicate and present complex conceptual thinking visually and verbally
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
ETRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.