Customer Service Summer Intern
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
This program is designed to provide exceptional students with an opportunity to gain real-world experience while working with our Brokerage Customer Service Team. The Customer Service Team focuses on providing fast and reliable service, providing solutions when issues arise, and simply making it as easy as possible for customers to conduct their business. Improving the overall client experience from a service capacity and championing improvements and enhancements on the product and operational fronts are paramount to our success in providing active clients with a premium experience.
Interns will attend a three day Enterprise orientation in New York City, receive training, and collaborate with their assigned Customer Service Team to gain a comprehensive understanding of the ETRADE business and service models, operational procedures, and product enhancements and implementations. Interns are partnered with an experienced mentor for the duration of the program and also participate in Lunch & Learn seminars conducted by our leadership team.
- Understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time team member, and gain comprehensive professional and industry experience
- Partner with various internal teams to Diagnosis Real- Time Issues
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to improve policies and or program development
- Participates in customer and client listening programs to identify customer needs and expectations
- Demonstrate a passion for driving sales, following through on commitments, process efficiency, and time management.
- Understand and proactively identify leading indicators of client attrition and mitigate risk
- Successfully communicate with various support groups and make use of all internal systems and resources available to obtain the necessary information to resolve inquiries for clients
- Alpharetta, GA
- Sandy, UT
- Graduation date of Spring 2021 or Spring 2022
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related major
- GPA: 3.0 or above
- Authorization to work permanently in the US
- Professional demeanor with ability to multi-task
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to the organization's reputation and success
- Excellent written intelligence, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong self-management and communications skills
- Strong sense of ownership and internal drive
- Leadership ability and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp and apply complex technical material quickly and manage workload effectively
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top