Brentwood Financial Consultant
- Los Angeles, CA
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Financial Consultants focus on building strong long-term relationships with our clients; this includes advising clients on the wide range of investment services ETRADE FINANCIAL offers and presenting them with solutions that meet their individual needs. They offer our clients a personal connection to ETRADE and help them achieve their investment goals. Whether that involves working with clients to develop an investment plan that meets their personal goals and objectives or educating them to help them to do it on their own, our Financial Consultants are ready to make the client experience a great one!
Our Financial Consultants are self-motivated, independent thinkers who share the common desire to build long-term client relationships. Your ability to achieve success as an ETRADE Financial Consultant is supported by the ETRADE brand, leadership, marketing support and exceptional training.
Upon hire, our Financial Consultants are assigned an existing practice of high value clients. As a Financial Consultant you will be responsible for the relationship and development of the practice to ensure clients are appropriately considering all the solutions ETRADE offers. You will deepen these relationships by providing investment guidance and advice primarily through phone interactions and face-to-face meetings. Additionally, you will grow the practice through proactive calls to prospects and client referrals. To learn more about our client offerings, visit our website: http://www.etrade.com
- Retain and grow assets of assigned affluent households with significant holdings at ETRADE FINANCIAL by effectively managing an assigned client base and ensuring that all clients receive an outstanding client experience.
- Collect client financial information, analyze and evaluate a client's financial situation, identify investment objectives, and make investment recommendations through a customized financial planning process.
- Provide advice on a variety of investment solutions such as short-term fixed income, mutual funds, and fee-based, strategic asset allocation offerings, including the advantages and disadvantages of various investment opportunities based on the client's individual needs.
- Cultivate current and prospective client relationships and identify opportunities to expand these relationships by responding to client needs with creativity and innovation.
- Conduct effective client portfolio reviews and propose value-added solutions to client needs.
- Maintain and update reports accurately.
- Series 7 and 63 required, Clean U4
- Minimum of 2 years of financial services industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of proactive, successful financial advisory experience in the financial services industry
- Series 66 preferred. Series 66 must be obtained in applicable states within 60 days of hire date
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Business Management/Administration/Business related discipline strongly preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (1 year of work experience can substitute 1 year of education).
- Knowledge of a wide variety of brokerage/banking products and services, including wrap accounts, professionally managed solutions, mutual funds and ETF's
- Proven history of success in developing, retaining and expanding client relationships
- Capable of quickly building rapport with clients, analyzing their needs and recommending compelling solutions that are appropriate for the client's needs using ETRADE investments and services
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Group presentation skills a plus
- Professional designations a plus: CFP, CRPC
- Proven ability to:
- Present complex information in a way that enables clients to make informed investment decisions
- Build referral business from high value clients
- Multi-task as well as work independently with minimal direct supervision and a high degree of quality
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team setting
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top