Brentwood Associate Financial Consultant
More than 30 years ago, ETRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The Associate Financial Consultant (AFC) position is part of the branch network and is primarily responsible for providing service, advice, and counsel to individuals and families in helping to meet their financial needs. This includes retirement planning, education planning, investment management, and overall brokerage needs. The AFC is responsible for supporting branch business development and client loyalty initiatives by providing an exceptional client experience to non-practice clients and prospects with less than $250K in assets. The Branch AFC will operate as an extension of the respective branch team. This is accomplished through proactive outbound business development calls to existing ETRADE clients; assisting walk-in clients or prospects in order to assess their financial goals and recommend suitable products and services. AFC's are also responsible for identifying and referring additional opportunities to branch Financial Consultants as appropriate. The AFC role is designed to build the foundational skills necessary to move into the FC role or to be promoted to other opportunities after 18-24 months considering all metrics are met or exceeded.
- Generate client activity through proactive outbound calls, appointments, walk-ins, local marketing and branding efforts, workshops, and client events, with a goal of deepening existing core client relationships and engaging new ones.
- Utilize a planning based approach to assess client needs, recommend appropriate solutions for client with less than $250K in assets, and, where applicable, position the FC for more complex or comprehensive advice solutions.
- Work closely with FC partners to ensure that practice eligible clients are promptly, seamlessly, and appropriately referred to an FC.
- Provide exceptional client experiences that build client loyalty and result in additional asset consolidation and referrals.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in the conduct of their business activities and professional dealings, with strict adherence to compliance/ risk policies and procedures
- Digital application/tool proficiency: candidate must possess aptitude and ability to educate & present trading tool functionalities /digital software applications
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Business Management/Administration/Business related discipline strongly preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (1 year of work experience can substitute 1 year of education)
- 1+ years' experience developing, retaining, and expanding client relationships through excellent client service in the financial services industry is strongly preferred
- Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66 and mass registration required. If not already held, licenses must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Results driven, highly motivated, self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping clients plan for their financial goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well
- Must have strong professional presence and communication skills (verbal and written) and influencing skills
- Effective problem solving skills and experience presenting complex information and solutions to clients and prospects in a way that enables them to make informed investment decisions
- Comfortable setting priorities and initiating action while working collaboratively within a team environment
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top