Help us show how Esri technology is reshaping the world we live in! Use your outstanding writing and editing skills to assist the publications team with its major publications such as ArcNews, ArcUser, ArcWatch, and Esri Globe. You will also assist with writing, editing, and the production of the print, web, and email editions of these magazines.
- Write articles and other pieces as needed by the team
- Vet, research, and facilitate the development of articles
- Interview customers, managers, and others to collect material for articles
- Edit copy to comply with each publication's purpose and style under the direction of senior editors
- Fact check copy
- Assist in obtaining graphics for articles
- Learn the publication processes for all editions of all publications to assist with these processes as needed
- Keep current on Esri products, services, and events as well as the geospatial industry
- Interact with Esri customers to understand their needs and desires and better support them
- 2+ years of professional experience as a writer/editor
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills as shown by submitted work samples
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to learn about and remain current with developments in the geospatial industry and with Esri technology
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's in GIS, journalism, English, marketing, or a related field
- Portfolio Submission: Please provide a link to a portfolio or include samples of your recent work
- A background in GIS, both theory and practice
- Hands-on experience using Esri software
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.