Windows Desktop Developer - ArcGIS Pro
Passionate about working with off-the-shelf solutions that will impact the work of hundreds of thousands of users? Join our ArcGIS Pro team and create new and exciting software that allows organizations all over the world to solve problems. We are a software development team working with the best technologies to provide tools that support complex real-life workflows in 2D and 3D for the ArcGIS Pro Editor. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, agile team that works with the latest technologies and patterns, asynchronous programming, and MVVM to design and develop next-gen Esri software. Within the first six months of being in this role, you will develop editing tools and experiences to be implemented in our next release of the software.
- Create ArcGIS Editor solutions for ArcGIS Pro, utilizing C++ and C#
- Develop and design asynchronous GUI as part of ArcGIS Pro
- Build software that follows industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- 2+ years of experience building commercial enterprise software in C++
- Experience in asynchronous programming using the Task Parallel Library
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of DBMS
- Experience working with building software in C#
- Knowledge of MVVM application design pattern
- Experience with integration of web services
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with writing testable software
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top