Does creating innovative and powerful web applications excite you? The ArcGIS Enterprise team builds and delivers an enterprise-ready GIS platform for mapping, analysis, and record keeping of GIS data for users all around the world. The team of software engineers works together to deliver a next generation GIS platform designed for high-scale availability while meeting enterprise security and sustainability standards.
- Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for large-scale deployment and management
- Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
- Drive the REST API design, required for integrating the web application with the back-end web services
- Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities, using the latest relevant techniques and best practices
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- 2+ years' experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
- Extensive experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience building and using browser rendered UI components and graphics systems (SVG, VML, Canvas)
- Experience writing tests for testing web applications
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top