Web Developer - Applications
The Web Applications team is looking for developers who want to continuously sharpen their skills, work on multiple projects, and collaborate with other developers. We are looking for developers who can change gears easily, work in multiple languages, and on multiple projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background in software development on multiple tiers (front-end, back-end, database, server administration), a demonstrated ability learn new software languages, and a history of working in larger enterprise CMS systems such as Sitecore, CQ, Adobe AEM, Drupal or Joomla.
- Work with stakeholders and designers to gather and understand business needs and requirements, and create functional prototypes
- Build front end applications using AngularJS, React, and other frameworks
- Build server side APIs in nodeJS
- Building web components in Adobe AEM using Java and Sightly
- Extending the functionality of Adobe AEM using Java
- Build and maintain .Net applications backed by Microsoft SQL
- Write and maintain unit-tests on all projects
- Manage versioning and deployment of application source code, including source control management, branching, tagging, etc.
- Maintain legacy applications
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Bachelor’ degree preferably in computer science or a similar field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in server side languages such as NodeJS, .Net, Java, and PHP
- Knowledge of relational database design and development in Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or MySql
- Experience building against NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Casandra, or Elastic Search
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building in Adobe AEM or CQ5 is a major plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top