Web Designer - Marketing
Join our innovative Creative Lab to help create and promote user-centered design that is intuitive, usable, and modern. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and communicator who is excited to deliver amazing visual design. This position will work directly with UX architects and developers to define and further evolve the Esri brand.
Our interactive team is a group of designers and researchers working closely with the content strategist, front-end developers, and executive creative director. Our job is to advance Esri’s user-centered design and design-first mindset so that we can help extend the reach and utilization of our location-based technology.
- Deliver innovative, refined, mobile-first web solutions that can range from wireframes to pixel perfect
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, such as UX architects, developers, business stakeholders, and writers, to develop groundbreaking designs
- Present and defend designs, research, and deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Conduct peer reviews, gather usability feedback, and provide QA reviews
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring visual consistency and promoting design unity across multiple projects and marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience specializing in UI design
- In-depth skills with design software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud or Sketch
- Proven ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with a wide range of team members
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to make complex ideas understandable and demonstrate passion for your work
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Bachelor’s in graphic design, visual communication design, or a related design discipline
- Knowledge of GIS and designing map-based applications are a big plus
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other front-end technologies
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Keen knowledge of best practices and user-centered design approaches
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) including AEM Sites
- Be personally motivated, a progressive thinker, and an all-around team player
- Belief that all ideas are good (or at least worth considering)
Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of recent visual design work. Applications will not be considered without a portfolio.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top