Web App Developer
Are you an energetic, motivated web developer looking for an opportunity to make a difference to Esri customers? Join the fast-paced team responsible for building ArcGIS solution templates and play a part in delivering ready-to-use domain-specific applications to help make our users incredibly successful.
- Work closely with other developers and product engineers to design and develop public-facing applications
- Assist with application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking
- Apply user centered design best practices to deliver intuitive task-based interactions
- Create application architecture diagrams, process flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and comps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop a good working relationship with a wide range of stakeholders to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Work closely with other web developers and visual designers to ensure that the UX is implemented as designed
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design space
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Two or more years of professional web development experience
- Strong working knowledge of application user interface tools
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in interactive design, user interface design, and user experience research
- Must be focused on user needs with strong attention to detail
- Experience developing native and device aware mobile applications
- Master’s in computer science or related field
- Hands-on experience using and implementing GIS software such as ArcGIS
- Domain-specific GIS expertise
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top